Sunday, March 8, 2009

Women

One old photo made 1915 in Zagreb..women in my mother line..An old woman sitting in a black dress was my great-great grandmother Albina.She looks so strong on this photo and my family stories tells that she really was.The other are her two daughters and two granddaughters.My great-great grandmother Albina was a teacher.Her daughter,my great-grandmother Adela was a book-keeper,my grandmother Elizabeta was finished a commercial university and her sister Helena was a also a book-keeper.In the times when women were fighting for their rights my family women already had their place..they were educated and employed..they were living their lifes holding their destiny in their own arms.

Here are still so many women in the world who are rightless,oprressed and utilized.I'm standing by their side.

5 comments:

Hila said...

Fantastic post, it speaks to my inner feminist :)
Thanks for visiting my little blog and for your kind words.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Dada, this is such a treasure to have.. and to see that the woman that came before you were strong and able... Gives one a a strength to this very day!!

The Wanderers' Daughter said...

I also feel privileged to come from a family of strong women. It's a powerful thing. Wonderful photos of women who stand tall and own their place in the world.

rivergardenstudio said...

These women look so determined and strong. thank you for sharing these photo's. Roxanne

rochambeau said...

So beautiful and wonderful to see the wonderful woman who are part of your strength!!

xox
Constance