Thursday, July 17, 2008

The summer in my little old town

It is very hot summer here and I'm not too much creative this days.I'm spending my free hours on the swimmingpool,swimming and sunbathing..lazy summer days..

Here are a few pictures of summer in my little town..

One of old stonewalls overgrowned with blooming tecoma..

and one part of this wall-one street faucet with days and nights flowing hot mineral sulphur water..

..beautiful poison-like colors of sulphur layers..
and my new work in progress-irises (again,but it looks this is one of most wanted flower motives here)..

2 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

The town where you live Dada, is so quaint and beautiful just my kind of lovely place to live...

The mineral spring shows how it has worn the stone away over time.. Such history!!

in the nearby town of Sussex, NB, where I grew up, we also have a mineral fountain ... it is not hot...
but it is strong smelling.. my mother used to pass it one her way to school each day and drink from it... she loves it...

flyinamber said...

My town is very very old,here are the ruins of romain sulphur-spa from 4th century and I will present it much better in some of my coming posts (when I catch more time)..yes,this sulphur mineral water smells very strong on rotten egs but people who live here don't feel this smell at all,maybe just a bit now in the summer..some people here and also tourists drink this water and of course..all life of my town is actually based on this water,here is one rehabilitation hospital for rheumatic diseases with thermal sulphur-spa but more about this very soon..