Friday, November 9, 2007

Amber & jewellery box

I always loved old things:old furniture,old photos,old books,old jewellery..It doesn't metters if those things have a real value or not,I just like them.Each old thing has its own story.Once upon a time it served to someone and maybe it meaned something especially for someone.I love exploring of old lofts and cellars looking for ancients.Unfortunatelly,a lot of beautiful things have their end on the rubbish heap today.

Here is my grandmothers old handmade jewellery box and my amber necklace I made many years ago.I really love the nature amber,its warm gold and brown colours and, you know,when you wear it you can feel this warmth.Sometimes is a fly inside sleeping here for million years and those pieces have a biger value.

12 comments:

Orange Blossom Goddess (aka Heather) said...

I really like that box and the necklace you made is so beautiful!

Sherry said...

Very beautiful "old" things...and the amber necklace will go so well with your brown brocade skirt!!

Sandra Evertson said...

That jewelry box is really so Beautiful and the necklace is Wonderful as well!
Sandra Evertson

Cre8Tiva said...

a dear russian friend of mine gave me an amber necklacce years ago...said it was lucky...i am sure yours is also...beautiful...blessings, rebecca

A Fanciful Twist said...

Oh Yes!! I love all things old too!! Your grandmother's box is wonderful! And Amber is perfection!!

Gillian @ Indigo Blue said...

What a neat thing...to see a fly in amber after thousands of years. Preserved there for all eternity.
That would be something...
The necklace is beautiful.
xo

She Who Flies said...

Amber is so fascinating, how it captures and preserves life for eternity. I love it's rich gold color. And yes, the warmth of it.
Your grandmother's jewelry box surely is a treasure too.

The Wisdom of Wislon said...

I love Amber, I picked some up in Gdansk back in September!

How's the skirt and painting? Lovely clours used.

The Fairy Godmother said...

They are both beautiful and so teasured,

Middle Ditch said...

Hi,

Lovely. It reminds me of the day that we had to empty my mother's house after she died. I found a little hand made box with jewelry. The thing what made me cry though was that it was a box I had made when I was five. She had kept it all those years. I still got it.

Anne Lyken-Garner said...

I have actually got a box that is very similiar to this one. I must admit that I didn't appreciate its true beauty until I saw this picture

Anne Lyken-Garner said...

i've got a box which is very similiar to this one. I must admit that I didn't appreciate its true beauty until I saw this picture